Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Crazy people!

Have you ever seen Jim Cramer's rant "They're Nuts! They know nothing!" on CNBC?  There are days I feel I am channeling that in my head. 

Don't get me wrong, the internet has allowed me to have connections with people all over the place and most people I have met are great people.  But then there are the days when it seems everyone I deal with is crazy.  It isn't completely true because I answer usually 60 or so emails a day and not all of them are from people who seem nuts.  But I usually have a few that I wonder if I am crazy myself for being in business.

Over the past day I have had one person email me over 30 times.  She was upset and she felt the need to lash out on me.  She doesn't know me.  Doesn't know anything about me personally but I ruffled her feathers and she began emailing me hate email.  I always am amazed that there are people so angry at the world to lash out at complete strangers. 

Then I get people who don't seem to realize the importance of having a business or don't take it seriously.  They want to make extra money but don't want to put in the work it requires.  They don't want to complete training or follow up with a client.  They don't understand that it is important to take it seriously and follow procedures.  It isn't something that you can take lightly.  You are on the hook and have to make sure you take care of your clients and cover yourself against issues. 

Agents email me all the time with strange stories and crazy customers.  I wish I had the perfect advice for those who have to deal with someone who really does seem "off balance".  I question would people who send hateful crazy emails be the same in person?  Are they the same people who in the grocery line attack the check out person because their bag of apples rings up for .15 more than they expected. 

I guess all I can say is "they're nuts!"

No comments: